All abstract submissions are charged a $25 refundable submission fee.
This fee will be refunded in full after your poster and/or platform is presented at the conference.
The meeting will include electronic poster presentations and a limited number of oral presentations.
Please review the guidelines below before submitting your abstract.
DEADLINE: Abstracts must be received by February 29, 2020.
Abstracts must be submitted using the website submission form. Failure to submit an electronic version will result in rejection.
Abstracts submitted to the CAP-ACP meeting will be peer-reviewed for scientific quality and merit. Submitted abstracts must meet certain criteria and be submitted in proper form for acceptance. Failure to meet the criteria and follow the required format may result in request for abstract resubmission or rejection of abstract.
Please note that your submitted abstract, if accepted and presented at the conference; will be published in the Canadian Journal of Pathology, and we encourage you to submit your full manuscript for consideration.
- The abstract may be written in English or French; either language may be used for the presentation.
- Abstracts must be clear, concise and have good grammatical form.
- Avoid superfluous words. No advertising or company logos may be used.
- The data may not have been previously published in a copyrighted journal or peer reviewed publication.
- Technical information pertaining to the observations and conclusions cannot be withheld for proprietary reasons.
Abstracts will be automatically rejected if they do not meet the following criteria:
Title to be formatted in sentence case (capitalize first word and remaining words begin in lower case). Provide a succinct title. Ideally, the title should contain a reference to the study design.
Anne L. Smitha, Robert G. Jonesa,b.
aLaboratory Medicine and Pathobiology, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON; bDepartment of Pathology, University of Alberta Hospital, Edmonton, AB.
Underline the name and initials of the presenter.
Times New Roman or Arial, Size: 10pt
Length (not including title, authors and affiliations, keywords)
250 words (Deduct 50 for each table or graphic)
Maximum of 2 within the abstract. Tables may not exceed 6 columns.
Information in your abstract should include:
Objective: of the study
Method(s): where pertinent
Data and results: Expressed in SI units
Conclusions: Please note, it is not satisfactory to state “The results will be discussed”
Keywords: Maximum 5 keywords.
CAP-ACP offers the following awards related to participation in the annual meeting:
- Donald W. Penner Awards – Residents
- Pathologists’ Assistant Poster Award – Pathologists’ Assistants
- Canadian Chairs of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Award in Experimental Pathology – All submissions
- CAP-ACP Hematological Pathology Award – Residents
- Hugh Curry Award – Resident or Cytotechnologist presenting a poster or paper in the field of cytopathology
- Andrew Herzenberg Award – Resident presenting a poster or paper in Nephropathology or Transplant Pathology
- Dr. Donald Rix Award for Resident Travel – Residents
- Resident, Pathologists’ Assistant, and Graduate Student Travel Awards – Residents, Pathologists’ Assistants, and Graduate Students
For more information on CAP-ACP awards, please see link: https://www.cap-acp.org/awards.php